Educating Children about Oral Health
At Q Dental in Bella Vista we are committed to helping educate children on the importance of looking after their oral health. We are now visiting childcare centres and schools to provide information seminars on oral hygiene and the importance of visiting the dentist.
Q Dental Information Seminars for Children of All Ages
These information seminars are designed help make children and parents familiar with what to expect when visiting the dentist as well as educating them on the importance of good oral hygiene. Our team is more than happy to visit all age groups from childcare centres to high schools.
Our friendly team will cater their visit to the age group they are visiting. For example when we visit a childcare centre we would:
- Read a story about “who is the dentist”
- Then after the story there would be a hands-on, age appropriate demonstration on how to floss and brush teeth properly.
- After the demonstration we will show children the gloves, masks, scrubs and other parts of the dental uniform and explain why dentists and hygienists wear them.
At the end of the visit each child will receive a take home pack which includes:
- A disposable mirror
- An information pamphlet on Oral Hygiene for children aged 3-12
- A certificate for participating in our workshop
- And details of our practice along with our current offers to encourage parents to come visit us with their children.
The aim of these visits:
- To not only educate children but their parents as well: prevention is the key with dentistry.
- To teach that children are never too young to start good oral hygiene habits.
It is important for children to learn at an early age why looking after their teeth now can help them keep their natural teeth for longer. Prevention is better than a cure: better to look after your teeth now than need a lot of fillings and dental work later in life.
Our team will take the time to answer questions and help both students and parents to understand the importance of looking after oral health from an early age.
As part of Q Dental’s commitment to paediatric dentistry we also encourage children to accompany their parents to check-ups/cleans. They can even have a sit in our chair and get to see what it feels like.
If you are interested in our team visiting your childcare centre or school please fill out the form below: